Saturday, October 02, 2004

Friday, October 1

I've stolen some pictures off of another teacher's blogspot, so I have new pics included with this blog. Not much has really been going on. We've been busy with school. It was an uneventful week if you don't count the senior boys lighting paper on fire in Kelly's class. Sigh... Children are the same no matter where you go.

Next week only three days of school! We contemplated going to Istanbul or Jordan next week, but apparently we can't get a flight out on a national holiday. Joe and I are still thinking Alexandria is the place to go. We could really use a little relaxation on the beach right now.

We spent the weekend shopping, etc. Joe's been very sad because his PlayStation won't hook up to our old-fashioned T.V. We bought an attachment, but of course it doesn't work. Everything here seems to take a few tries before we can figure it out.

We did a little shopping in the "alley" behind out house. It's this little street that is very Egyptian. You truly feel like you are in another country when you step into this alley. There are so many different shops. Tonight we shopped for vegetables and fruit, got charcoal for the sheesha Joe bought, and made copies. We were very proud because we were able to ask for all of our fruits and vegetables in Arabic.

The week's been quiet, which is just fine with us. I hope all is well at home.

No comments: