Sunday, February 06, 2005

Sunday, February 6

Okay, now this is just weird. When we went to Dashur, Joe took a picture of me by the Bent Pyramid. I didn't like the picture so we didn't post it. However, today Joe was looking through our pictures. He came across the picture. He came to my classroom and said, "Hey come here when you are free because I found something really weird." He showed me the picture, and do you know what was written on the rock wall behind me? My name. If you look closely in the small picture, you can see it. If you enlarge it, the name "Emily" is written plain as day. The weird thing is, I had initially stood in front of it, and Joe told me to scoot over more for the picture. I don't know, maybe we are easily amused or intrigued, but we find it really weird that I just so happened to move over so that the my name is clearly written on the rock. Our friend, Betsy, was saying that all coincidences have meaning. What could the meaning of this possibly be? Scroll down to see the picture.

Other than that interesting tidbit, today was our first day back at school. It was a little difficult getting up this morning, but we made it through the day. The students were talkative! Big surprise. I counted. Only 70 more actual class/school days before the end of the last term and the start of midterms. That's not so bad. I can do that. We have Thursday off this week anyway for the Islamic New Year.

No comments: