Thursday, November 24, 2005

Wednesday, November 23

Well, I think everyone has heard the news, everyone I could contact anyway. If not, we're expecting - June 23. It's been a really interesting month or so, adjusting to the pregnancy. Things are going really well, though.

We told the kids at school a couple of days ago, and they are so excited. Today, they threw a big surprise party for my birthday. It was really very sweet. They got me pretty good. I never would have expected such a big event. They really know how to throw a party. A video, my favorite cake from a special shop, a huge card, and a gift certificate for a day at a hotel fitness center/spa and hour long massages for Joe and I! That was just the 12th-graders. The 11th graders surprised me with a picture frame, huge teddy bear, and an over-sized baby bottle filled with bottles, a rattle, hair brush, etc. It really hit home that this is for real. Really though, it has been a very rewarding experience with this group of students.

Joe and I don't have huge plans for Thanksgiving. We'd love to be at home. We're content that we are getting to have Thanksgiving dinner with the other teachers tomorrow. A couple at school is paying for a turkey, stuffing, all the fixings. Joe and I are bringing mashed potatoes, stuffing (like Mom makes..mmm...), and pumpkin pie. I can't wait. My younger students who I taught last year are going with me to the movies and lunch for my birthday. It should be a full day. We'll go for our massages Friday and recover from all the fun Saturday.

I have to include a couple of pictures. The first is of a notebook one of the senior boys had. They all carry around Winnie the Pooh, Disney, Barbie notebooks. It's so funny. I noticed his right away, though. Instead of Winnie the Pooh, it was "Poop." I laughed forever about that. The other pictures are of the view from our new balcony. Joe really wants you to notice that one of the Pyramids is visible from our balcony. We never would have imagined that.

We hope everyone has a lovely Thanksgiving. Eat lots of yummy food and enjoy the people around you. We miss everyone.

No comments: