Saturday, April 22, 2006

Friday, April 21

I wish I had something interesting to report, really I do, but Joe and I don't seem to be too interesting these days. We are now officially on spring break. It was a long time coming, but we made it. While all the other teachers are traveling to Jordan, Lebanon, Greece, etc. Joe and I are staying home in the comfort of our own apartment. Since it has decided to get really hot out, I can't say that I'm dying to be anywhere outside right now. (I'm just envisioning in two months - me, 9 months pregnant and the sweltering heat.)

Our typical day? Get up late to the sound of someone yelling out and selling things in the street. Slowly find some breakfast. Read a little, watch TV, or get on the internet. Nap time! Lunch time. Maybe run an errand or grocery shop. Nap time! Read, TV or internet. Supper time. Walk the dog. Read, TV or internet. Time for bed.

You see that nap time is high on my list of priorities. I don't know if we'll be able to make it all 12 days or so without going crazy. We might venture out to the Khan el Khalili market for a few last Egyptian items. We might also make it to the Egyptian Museum since we haven't seen the mummy room yet. The last things in Cairo we haven't seen that we still want to. We both agree it's not so bad to be getting so much rest before the big day comes.

I told Joe yesterday, "Only 9 more weeks." His response, "We're in the single digits now?!" Funny how things can go both quickly and slowly at the same time.

1 comment:

brent said...

We are praying for you over there- please be careful- we are ready for you to be back in the states and thinking you should reconsider your next year over seas- :) Canm't wait to hear more about your precious little one on the way!!
The Osborne's