What's new in Cairo? Not much. We are down to 10 teaching days. Every day, we cross 'em off the calender. I'm getting big. The students said I looked bigger today than yesterday, and a fellow teacher kept exclaiming, "You're huge. Isn't she huge?" Ah, well. At least this is one time in my life where a comment like that won't hurt my self-esteem.
We still have 5 weeks before my due date, though. I think my nesting instinct has set in, as much as it can here. We're not really setting up a nursery or anything, so I have to satisfy myself with folding and refolding baby clothes. Tonight I actually enjoyed doing laundry, a normally dreary task. It was fun washing newborn onesies and booties.
Joe and I are getting some good use out of our balcony these past few days. The nights are very pleasant here, so it's nice to just sit and talk on the balcony. We bought a few more Egyptian souvenirs, one of which was a backgammon board. We spent tonight trying to figure out the basics of the game. We managed to muddle through it.
I don't know what we'll do this weekend, maybe see Davinci Code if it comes out at the same time as the States. Wishful thinking, but you never know.
Official Countdowns: 5 weeks until baby, 6 weeks until summer vacation, 10 weeks until Iowa...
Friday, May 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment