Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday Night Fever

Poor Joe. He has his third fever in a week and a half. Will he ever get better? He keeps semi-recovering and then his temperature goes up again. Strange viruses this year. Speaking of, when we took Sophia in to the doctor, we were supposed to go back in a couple of days. Well, we're bad and we didn't get back in the night the doctor was working. Then, Sophia seemed much better, so we thought it unnecessary. The doctor called us yesterday and requested that we come back so she could check Sophia.

We went today to the clinic. She listened to Sophia's chest and I told her that she wasn't coughing any more. She informed me that Sophia still wasn't well, and that I needed to massage her back (not her palms and the soles of her feet anymore) and take her out for fresh air. That's all. Joe and I were both thinking to each other, um, where will we find this fresh air you're talking about? The smog in Almaty has been so thick, I don't want to take Sophia out at all. Interesting. I will try the massages, although I wasn't very good at doing that before when she first prescribed it.

This weekend we went with a few school friends to The Guiness Pub. We didn't have any Guiness, actually, but it was a decent pub. I guess one time someone went there and asked for a Guiness and they didn't have any. Hmm... They delicious items on the menu like "squid rings" (calamari?) and "meat hodge podge." Gotta love the translations. That's about all we did this weekend.

It's gone by too quickly and now it's time for school again already. Hopefully the weeks in February go by quickly. It's such a hard time of the year. The weather has been so nice these last two days. It's starting to trick us into thinking winter's over. I keep telling Joe, there's no way it's over. There will be lots more snow. Our nanny agrees with me. Maybe by March. We'll just stay focused on looking forward to Grandpa and Grandma Bearns's visit. It's not so far away.

No comments: