Another trip home to Iowa, and once again, it proves to be lots of summer fun. So far, Sophia has picked her own sweet corn straight from the field, caught lightening bugs, and gone to a good old-fashioned small town festival. We have seen lots of family and friends which is also great.
As always, I've done tons of shopping. In some ways I love shopping for clothes for the whole year. On the other hand, it's a lot of pressure to make sure I don't forget anything. This week has been great because we are at our Panora timeshare, and we can't do any errands or shopping. Panora's a small town. So small, that shops close on any ol' day they want. We were surprised when the lumberyard closed at five, until we remembered that's how things are in a small town. We had forgotten what that is like. So different from 24-hour Walmarts.
We have had fun hanging out with Joe's sister and her family who live here. We've also had lots of visitors. We've been to the beach, walked on the trails and grilled out. Gotta satisfy all those summer activities.
We've also been lucky enough to stay in Polk City at my sister's house and in Cedar Falls. Joe had a great time at a good friend's wedding. He gets to go back in time it seems and have fun with his friends. It always blows my mind how he's still friends with people from grade school. Those are his best friends.
Sophia has had an absolutely great time seeing her aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. I'm worried she's going to be totally spoiled. It seems every time we meet someone new, she gets a gift. I think she's going to like that about her summer birthday. Lots of presents when we get back.
I'm so glad that we've been able to come back and see everyone. It's been fun introducing Eden to everyone. She's been really good-natured and a great traveler. I don't remember Sophia cooing and talking as much as Eden does. She's a sweet pea.
Only about one week left in Iowa, and then it's back to China and work. I have been talking to Sophia about returning to school, but Joe and I are trying our hardest not to think about it. We'll just deal with that when we get there!
Sunday, August 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment