Friday, March 04, 2005

Thursday, March 3

Ah, the weekend. It's finally here! I can't believe it is already March. Where is the time going? The weather has turned wam again. The days are pleasant, but windy. When we leave the windows open, the counters and floor get coated with a fine layer of dust. The breeze we get is just awesome, though, so we put up with a little dust.

It's been a difficult week at work. The seniors are stretching their wings so to speak. Let's just say I attempted to break up my first fight. I seem to think I'm as tough as senior guys. I forget that I'm not working at a middle school anymore. I survived, however. Maybe next time I will actually think first. The funny thing is that the guys are always getting into "tiffs" here, but they never actually fight. You will not see them actually hurt each other. It's always some big show. They act like they are going to fight. Then, they lunge at each other, and then all their friends pull them apart. The next minute you turn around and they're hugging each other, and they're best of friends. It's not like the States where I had eigth-graders trying to beat the pulp out of each other. There are temporary flare-ups, but it's like they get it out of their system and move on. They probably thought it was the craziest thing that a woman would even attempt to stop a fight. (For some reason this makes me smile.)

Good News!!! Joe got his first delivery from "The German Butcher.com." Joe is one happy man. He ordered frankfurters, bratwurst, and pork chops. Now, he'll have to see if they're any good. He's very happy to find a source for his pork products, though. The guy who runs the site is German. Who knows how he gets his pork products. You get online, make your order, and they deliver it for free. I think the total for everything came to less that 10 bucks. Not too bad.

Once again, appreciate everything you have in America. Pork, shortening, taco seasoning, alcohol, good, cheap peanut butter, good movies, the list goes on and on. One thing being overseas does is it helps you to appreciate everything you have at home. It gives you perspective. If only we all had perspective and appreciation for what we have.

No comments: