Well, the opera was an adventure. It was okay, but I think there are probably better staged productions. The actual opera complex is nice. The theater is simple. I was a little disappointed because the opera which is supposed to be in Italian was translated into Arabic. I would have liked to have heard it in its original form. Now, I think Joe has a different take on it. I think his comment was, "They just keep singing!" He started out okay in the first act, but when he realized there were four, he just started slumping in his seat. He did stay awake, though, unlike the guy snoring behind us.
We went this weekend to "The International Fair." I put it in quotes because it wasn't exactly what we pictured. Our principal said, "There are booths from everywhere in the world. You can buy all sorts of stuff from the booths, etc., etc." We pictured a fun fair with all sorts of trinkets and items to buy. Nope, basically it was industrial-type stuff. Dental chairs, car parts, tiles, toilets, etc. We were a little disappointed, but at least it was a nice day to walk around. I guess it was only 4 LE which is 67 cents.
We are just finishing out this week before our four-day weekend. We are thinking we may skip the prom. I know it's horrible to skip the prom at a small school like this, but we have to pay for it, and I have nothing to wear. I suppose they'll forgive us.
The highlight of our week has been the care package we received from Joe's family. It only took 3 1/2 months, but we got our Christmas package! Tons of goodies. We are baking chocolate chip cookies, courtesy of the ingredients that they sent. You can't find chocolate chips here, so we are thrilled to get ahold of some. (And vanilla extract!) I know the teachers are going to love us at school tomorrow.
We are thinking often of home. Can't wait to visit everyone this summer. Officially, we will arrive in Waterloo at 10:55 July 8th.
Wednesday, March 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment