Sunday, February 18, 2007

Destruction!



As I write this blog, Sophia is tearing up the house. We bought her a walker last week on the nanny's suggestion, and now we are realizing that a mobile baby is a destructive baby! She loves her new-found independence. She's been wheeling around the house, running into the poor dog, and grabbing at anything within reach. Right now, she's scooting, scooting, ever so stealthily towards Leia.


Sophia officially has two bottom teeth. The little chompers have popped through the surface. Soon she'll be eating with the big boys.


Speaking of boys. Last weekend at our school play, someone actually saw Sophia and said, "Hey, big boy." That was seconds after a co-worker went on and on about how much she looked like Joe. That's it, no more ambiguous colors in public. The next day we went to a friend's house and I dressed her in a dress and headband. She has to go through the boy stage, I guess. I'm pretty sure I looked like a boy my whole first year. I had to get curly hair before I looked more girlish. Maybe when her hair gets longer.


It's been a pretty uneventful weekend. We decided not to do anything or go anywhere, but somehow with just a grocery shopping trip, it seemed pretty busy. Things are definitely more complicated with a child.

Here's a picture of our courtyard parking lot and the very Soviet playground. There are always kids playing down there and people hanging out on the bench. The parking lot isn't really a parking lot at all, just a space that has become a parking lot. There's an art to parking your car down there, so that there's just enough room for cars to get by without scraping you. So far, we've been hit twice.

No comments: