It's been too long since I blogged. The main reason is that our internet has been off again. The company we use thinks it makes sense to shut off our internet immediately if we go over our monthly megabyte allotment. Nevermind, that they don't send you a bill. Oh well, we're using a dial-up card, so I figured I'd try to catch up a bit.
First, our visit from Joe and Jan was excellent! Sophia was so happy to spend time with grandpa and grandma. Although too short, we did get in lots of quality time. There isn't much to do in Almaty so we just got to spend a lot of time hanging out. We did, however, drive up into the mountains, ride the cable car, and eat out at a few restaurants. I don't know how on earth they travelleed for so long, but we really appreciate that they did. Joe was able to take a day off and then we had a day off for Women's Day, so that was a plus.
We can't thank them enough for all the goodies they brought us. Let's just say they had extremely full bags on the way here, and plenty of room on the way back. Best of all, our memory foam mattress pad. Amen! Joe and I are actually sleeping through the night now rather than tossing and turning all night. (Maybe I should get Sophia one?) Sophia is in heaven with all her toys that finally made it. Joe and I thought we could bring lots of her Christmas gifts at summer time. She'd never be into them yet, we thought. Boy, were we wrong. She loves them. She likes her Dora doll and her Dora toys. We learned from our nanny that Dora is "Dasha" here, and she doesn't teach kids Spanish words but instead teaches them English words. Sophia also loves her Cabbage Patch baby who cries when she needs loving. Sophia pats her on the head. She loves when I kiss the doll and she tries to bite the baby's nose.
We are now on spring break, enjoying some rest time before we head to Greece. I'm starting to look forward to this little trip. I'm just telling myself to roll with it. I'm not sure quite how it will go with Sophia and students, especially with our ten-hour layover in Amsterdam. I'll just hope that Sophia's at her best.
I will do my best to update photos. There are some good ones coming. Blogger has changed the way I upload photos and it takes forever, so I will try to be patient and post them.
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment